Policy: Patient Rights
Approved: Signature on File
Reviewed: January 2008, January 2009, April 2010
At Foundation Radiology Group, we view health care as a partnership between the patient and their caregivers. We respect the patients rights, values and dignity. We also ask that the patient recognize the responsibilities that come with being a patient, both for their own well-being as well as for that of their fellow patients and caregivers. Please read and exercise these rights and responsibilities. Should you or your parent, designated guardian, advocate, or representative feel at any time that their rights as patient have been violated, please contact Privacy Officer at 412-325-3403.
- You have the right to safe, high quality, medical care, without discrimination, that is compassionate and respects personal dignity, values and beliefs.
- You have the right to participate and make decisions about your care and pain management, including refusing care to the extent permitted by law. Your care provider (doctor, nurse, etc.) will explain the medical consequences of refusing recommended treatment.
- You have the right to have your illness, treatment, pain, alternatives and outcomes be explained in a manner you can understand. You have the right to interpretation services if needed.
- You have the right to know the name and role of your care providers (doctor, nurse, etc.). At your request, you have a right to a second opinion.
- You have the right to request that a family member, friend and/or physician be notified that you are under the care of this facility.
- You have the right to know the policies that affect your care and treatment.
- You have the right to participate in or decline to participate in research. You may decline at any time without compromising your access to care, treatment and services.
- You have the right to private and confidential treatments, communications and medical records to the extent permitted by law.
- You have the right to receive information concerning your advance directives, (living will, health care power of attorney, or mental health advance directives), and to have your advance directives respected to the extent permitted by law.
- You have the right to access your medical records in a reasonable time frame, to the extent permitted by law.
- You have the right to be informed of charges and receive counseling on the availability of known financial resources for health care.
- You have the right to access advocacy or protective service agencies and a right to be free from abuse.
- You and your family have the right to have your compliments, concerns and complaints addressed. Sharing your concerns and complaints will not compromise your access to care, treatment and services.
- Any employee or individual who provides care, treatment or services and who has concerns about the safety or Quality of care provided in our organization may report concerns to The Joint Commission.
- Foundation Radiology will take no disciplinary action or other punitive action because an employee or other individual who provides care, treatment or services reports safety or quality of care concerns to The Joint Commission.
- For complaints about quality, please contact us at 412.223.2272 or our address: Three Gateway Center | 20th Floor | 401 Liberty Avenue | Pittsburgh, PA 15222. You may also contact the Joint Commision directly.